Welcome to Lori’s Book Blog, a blog where I mostly review Romance, Fantasy, Contemporary and Chick-Lit novels (YA and New Adult), and the occasional Classics.
Although I am not very good at talking about myself, I am very good at talking about books! So this blog is what this is all a about: BOOKS!
I am just a typical coffee-lover book nerd who enjoys reading and expanding her bookshelves.
Books are my passion, my friends, my confidants, my blissful moments, my chances of living numerous lives in one. Unfortuntely (confession time) I was a late reader and only in my early twenties I discovered the great pleasure that are fantasy, romance and chick-lit novels, which became my favourite genres.
Now, I could spend every spare minute I have reading books.. Oh wait… I do that already!
I spend my every spare minute reading and if I am not reading, I am most definitely buying books. I am planning to buy books for a living.. I would make a wonderful book collector, I have no doubts!
Ok, onto the more bibliographic info now.
I am Italian and I moved to London in 2006 to study Chinese and become a translator. That I didnt become. Although I majored in It-Eng translations, a different opportunity laid out for me at the very early stages of my post graduation and, as I took it, I have never looked back. So here I am, a bookkeeper in all her glory.. DUM DUUM DUUUMMMM.
More random facts about me:
- I could live on pizza, cappuccino and caramel (I mean, what is yummier than caramel, right??!)
- I have a severe OCD, obsessive cavy disorder, towards my 3 little piggies: Mango, Nutella and Cappuccino (I do not have an obsession for food though!)
- I declared my 3 guinea pigs the Guardians of my books: they will defend and protect the books with their own lives: Mango, the eldest piggie, is the Commander in Charge. He is wise and strong (he needs 10 hours of sleep but when is awake..you better be careful!). Nutella, the second in command, is Major General. Expert in combat, he is known for his great abilities at multitasking: he sleeps with one open eye, and never looses sight of my books.. (he is also know as grumpy eater, but that is only behind is back!:) ). Last but not least, Cappuccino. The youngest piggie. Promoted to Lieutenat Colonel by me because he is cute, he is the fastest piggie of West London.. you snatch my books, you’ll have him chewing at your ankles in no time!…. I think i might have lost track of what this blog is about… Ok so back to me..
- I love gardening and I can spend hours mentally designing my neighbours neglected gardens (seeing unkept gardens really bothers the hell out of me!);
- I do not really watch Tv;
- I live in London with my partner, 3 guinea pigs, 3 goldfish called Jelly bean, Norbert and Little fella and (I think!) 45 marine fish (names can be disclosed upon request) and a parrot called Melvin/Raphael (soon to join our family);
Enough with the randomness.. I hope you enjoy my blog and thank you for visiting!